MR. MIKE STPEHENS - SENIOR CONSULTANT PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND CONTROLS has over 35 years of senior managerial experience in the commercial and naval nuclear arenas, as well as control system experience in process industries such as biofuel ethanol, pulp & paper, and chemical. He has had P&L accountability in most positions, and has successfully started up and managed several businesses including an occupational safety consulting business supporting OSHA compliance issues and practical solutions to achieve compliance.
Senior Manager, Feed Forward, Inc. (Controls Engineering Firm) (2005 – 2009)
Reporting to the president, responsible for project management and business development in several process industries including energy, ethanol, pulp & paper, and chemical.
- Doubled the company’s revenue and quadrupled the company’s profits in first three years.
- Project managed several large projects designing, configuring, and starting up complex control systems for several process plants. (Always exceeded profit objectives.)
President - Occupational Safety Consultants, Inc. (1996 – 2004)
Successfully started up and managed an occupational safety consulting business supporting industry in the Southeast. Inspected facilities for OSHA compliance issues and consulted with management regarding practical means to achieve compliance.
- Developed business with approximately 100 clients over 8 years, and established a reputation for high quality services. Revenue of nearly $1 million over 8 years.
- Nuclear Power Industry (1976 – 1995)
Working for several engineering services firms, performed a variety of project management and business development roles. Responsibilities increased with experience to include profit center management positions managing 10 – 50 engineers and project management positions managing single projects valued at >$10 Million. Highlights include:
- As Engineering Services Manager at Babcock & Wilcox (B&W), established my assigned client as the highest revenue client among operating plant clients. Established B&W as the client’s preferred architect/engineer.
- As Profit Center Manager of an engineering section at Impell Corporation, built the most profitable section in the region and was ranked as the #1 Section Manager among 24 peers.
- As Division Manager at United Engineering Services Corporation, built a 20 person profitable division in less than 2 years.
- As Project Manager at the Salem Nuclear Plant, successfully managed the engineering/construction of a 2-year, >$10 million retrofit project.
U. S. Navy (1971 – 1994)
Five years active duty as a submarine officer; qualified as Chief Engineer of a nuclear submarine. Eighteen years as an active naval reserve officer serving in a variety of submarine-related billets and NATO billets. Retired as Captain, USN.
BS (Mathematics), United States Naval Academy, 1971
MSA (Industrial Management), George Washington University, 1978
Office (770) 919-7070
Fax (770) 919-9200